The Dairy Building was the first building to be built at the agmuseum. It shows the cheese making process from barn to the sale room. At one time at the turn of the century there were many cheese factories in Ontario. In 1928 there were 273 cheese factories in Central Ontario.
We have an apple display, and a working bee hive. There is also a replica of the 1940s Whitehead’s Restaurant, with its authentic jukebox and soda fountain. It was a popular meeting spot in Stirling for many years. Hastings Federation of Women’s Institutes has recreated a typical farmhouse from the 1930s in the Dairy Building.